Lynette Kellogg's Blog

Rubber band Background

Rubber band Background

I tried the rubber band background technique.  I really like the look of the background.  I took a clear block and wrapped different width rubber bands on it.  Some were twisted and some were flat on the block.  I used 3 different color inks.  I went lightest to darkest when I stamped. I took the ink pad and tapped in on the rubber bands to make sure they were covered and just stamped on my paper.  The green was the last color I used and I stamped diagonally on the paper for more texture.

Because the background is so busy I didn't use a lot of stamps. I only used 3 stamps.  I used Aria, the butterfly from Fairy Bugs and Mystic Swirl in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  I went around the Mystic Swirl with a gold gel pen to have it stand out and also put some gold and white in Aria's hair.  For Aria's wings I outlined with a gold gel pen and filled in with Nuvo Dream Drops Indigo Eclipse.  I colored the butterfly wings with an orange gel pen and then put Stickles Star Dust on them.  I used distress Dusty Concord ink to ground Aria.  I  took a paper towel and tore a shape to look like a hill, put the paper towel under Aria  and used a blending brush to apply the ink for the ground.
Del Bello's Design Team
Read more
Sebastian

Sebastian

I sprayed heavy weight paper with 3 colors of Dylusions.  I sprayed the orange first over all of the paper.  I then sprayed the purple and was surprised at the how the color turned out.  When I spray I had the sprayer at the same level as the paper and sprayed a full pump so it sprayed across the paper.  If I sprayed half pump I would get big drops instead of a nice spray. Then I sprayed with the teal color and again was surprised that it was more green then teal.
I stamped Sebastian in nocturne.  I stamped the barnacles in summertime and then went over it with glamorous because I thought it needed to pop a little more.
I stamped the seaweed in green oasis and for the shadow I stamped in verdant.
I used gel pens to outline and dot Sebastian and the seaweeds.  I  had put red stickles in the centers of the barnacles and didn't like it so I scraped it off leaving some of the red glitter.  I also very sparingly used green stickles on Sebastian.  I added some drops of glossy accents for bubbles.
Del Bello's Design Team
Read more
Mermaids and Fishes

Mermaids and Fishes

Lavinia stamps used: Althea, sea creatures, marine kelp, Flo, mini urchin, and mini crown.

I used distress and oxide inks with a blending brush.  When I was done with everything I thought it needed more around the edges and used distress faded jeans to darken around the edge.  I used olive marker to darken some of the marine kelp to give dimension.  I used gel pens and wink of stella cuz I love sparkle.  Of course Althea needed major sparkle and I used Spin It Ice Queen glitter for her body  and alittle darker blue for her tail and wings.  For Althea's hair I used two blue gel pens and a white one.  The green on the sides are from Althea's hair that I inked green and stamped down the sides.

 

Del Bello's Design Team
Read more
Caretaker

Caretaker

Here are the inks I used to create the background.  For 

something different I went on a diagonal when applying the 

inks with a blending brush.

I used used 7 Lavinia stamps on this project.

I stamped the images with Versafine Clair inks.

 Here is the image without any embellishing with gel and glitter pens.

 

You can see that the card is pretty but doesn't pop.

I love sparkles so I add a lot of sparkles to it.  If you

are not a sparkle person embellish the project with

white and colored gel pens.

Here is the finished project.

 

Del Bello's Design Team
Read more
Stenciled Background

Stenciled Background

I used blending brushes to apply Distress Oxide of Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Worn Lipstick on 80 lb. super smooth heavy cardstock .
I taped the stencil over my blended cardstock and used a blending brush
to apply Distress Oxide Speckled Egg.
I used a fan brush dipped in water to add some water spots to the card base.
Now finally adding the stamped images using various VersaFine Clair inks.
I used all Lavinia Stamps.  I used the dragonflies from Fairy Bugs,
Meadow Mushroom, Slender Mushrooms Mini, Cherry Blossom and Mystic Swirl.
I detailed the card using gel pens and Wink of Stella pen. I grounded the mushrooms using a piece of torn copy paper brushed with a blending brush over the torn edge using Distress Oxide Wilted Violet. To form a focal point in the middle of the card I used VersaFine Clair Monarch to go around the outside edges of the card with a blending brush.
Del Bello's Design Team
Read more
Left Continue shopping
Your Order

You have no items in your cart